I was kinda bored of eating mint chutney and onion-tomato chutney along with dosa. I started hunting for a new side dish. That is when I came across this dish on the net. I liked the idea. The one I mention below is just one of the ways in which it can be done. There are other variations of the same dish available on the Net.
Few mint leaves
Onion - thinly sliced
What to do:
1. Wash the coriander, mint leaves and green chillies thoroughly
2. Grind them along with tamarind and salt. Add little water if required
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok , add little bit of mustard seeds and allow it to crackle. Then add Urad dal, cumin seeds, curry leaves and thinly sliced onions and fry
4. Once the onions are transparent add the ground coriander leaves mixture and sauté till the oil separates from the mixture
1. You can add small coconut pieces, but be informed that while you sauté in oil, the mixture becomes too thick
2. You can fry urad dal in oil till it turns brown and you can add this to the coriander and grind
3. You can sauté the coriander, mint leaves, tamarind,urad dal, green chillies and then grind it with coconut. Need not sauté after grinding.