Hello,

This blog contains my views on various things around me and my attempts at poetry and other stuff. Hope you find it an interesting read. Encourage you to leave your comments, after all each of us are entitled to our own way of thoughts.

Jun 26, 2011

Beans - peanut fry

I wanted to try something new with beans other than the normal "onion + tomato + chilli powder + beans" fry. Hence Made my mind to check the beans and peanuts combo. I must say it tasted good.This dish will be a super-hit with curd rice.

Ingredients:
Beans - thinly sliced (cooks faster)
Onion- quarter
Cumin seeds
Peanuts
Garlic
Red chillies
Salt

What to do:
1. Roast red chillies till they get slightly heated.Dry roast few peanuts and remove the skin. Keep it aside to cool
2. Heat oil in a wok. Add few cumin seeds
3. Add onion and garlic. Fry till onion turns transparent
4. Add beans and salt. Sprinkle some water and close it with a lid and allow it to cook
5. Meanwhile, grind the roasted peanuts and red chillies into a powder
6. Once the beans is more than a half cooked, add the peanut powder and mix well
7. Top the dish with coriander leaves

Dish will go well with sambar, chapati or curd rice.
I am going to go back and wait for my husband's verdict :)

No comments:

Post a Comment