Rava idli is one of the easiest dishes that I know of and is a saviour when guests surprise you with their visit. Its simple, delicious and quick to make.
Baking soda - a pinch
Mint leaves - few
Carrot - grated
Pepper - few pods
Ginger - a small piece ,chopped finely
Coriander leaves - chopped
Salt to taste
What to do:
1. In a bowl, take some curd ( curd should not be too thin). In a spoon of water mix a pinch of baking soda until it dissolves and add it to the curd.Set it aside
2. Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a Wok.Fry Cumin seeds, pepper pods, mint leaves and then roast the Rava in it
3. Add a pinch of asafoetida to it . Allow it to cool
5. Add the roasted rava mixture to the curds and add salt as per taste. Add Coriander leaves. Make sure the batter is not too liquid.
6. Set this aside for 10 minutes or so
7. Use the idli steamer to make wonderful , fluffy idlis
I usually retain the idlis' in the steamer for 10 min. Rava idli goes well with mint chutney. Try it and enjoy !