Hello,

This blog contains my views on various things around me and my attempts at poetry and other stuff. Hope you find it an interesting read. Encourage you to leave your comments, after all each of us are entitled to our own way of thoughts.

Sep 4, 2011

Bread Upma

Scene: Its a Sunday. Got up very late. Husband has to go to his tennis practice in 20 min. I am feeling lazy and totally confused on what to make for breakfast so quickly. Like those saints who have a vision, the bread that I had at home helped me to look up for some quickies. That is my story of how I ended up making the bread upma and the comment I received from my hubby "This looks interesting. Good you started making new stuff". I was happy that I did not tell him about the scene part of this blog ;-)


Ingredients:
Bread (6 to 7 slices) - cut into square pieces
Onion - finely chopped
Green chillies - finely chopped
Groundnut - about 10 (Not too many)
Coriander - chopped
Cumin seeds - few
Lemon juice - 2 teaspoons
Curry leaves - chopped
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Asafoetida - a pinch
Salt to taste
Oil

What to do:
1. Heat a wok,add one teaspoon of oil and fry the bread pieces for about 2 min and keep it aside
2. Heat 3 or 4 spoons of oil in the wok. Add hinge,groundnuts and cumin seeds one after the other
3. When the groundnut have fried, add onion, green chillies,turmeric powder, salt,curry leaves and fry them well
4. Add the bread pieces and mix them well. Add the lemon juice
5. Add chopped coriander leaves

Hint:
You can add tomato, green peas, carrot etc., if you like to this dish.

Serve hot with tea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment